Sunday, April 25, 2010

NS Rijder 101 Blog-Book Introduction-Foreword

Taking the Nederlands Spoor (NS) trains everyday can cause a lot of reactions to riders. This blog is entitled in Dutch: "NS Rijder" simply means NS Rider in English. Moreover, I, as the author-blogger, is not very sure if NS really means "Nederlands Spoor" but for the purposes of this blog, this assumption would serve its purpose perfectly.


This blog will be in book-style. This would be written by pages, showing one (1) or two (2) pages at a time. So why write here? As you read along, you would understand why. Knowing your fellow riders, other train passengers, can be as annoying as hell and can be fun as heaven. Honestly, I have never been to these two places yet but that's the way I see it. As of today, I have travelled with NS Spoor trains on each working daybasis for approximately 350 to 400 kilometers everyday. And what does that mean? That means five (5) to six (6) hours of train ride on a normal trip basis. What's a normal trip? That means perfect connection, no delays and no disruptions.


What to expect to be read here? The title indicates that this is all about riding the trains. As the author, what I really want to show here is that there are 101 types of NS rain rider. Can you believe that? Just watch out then if I can make it to the 101st passenger. I think I do, I have my list already, you know!


Readers, ride with me in NS train, sit back, relax in a "stilte" wagon and enjoy your ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment